Contains 100% bran
Healthy substitute for white rice
Rajamudi Raw Rice is an indigenous rice grown in Karnataka. Originally a white rice variety, Rajamudi Rice is now available in a mix of white and red unpolished grains with 100% bran. It has good cooking quality, is very tasty, and mixes well with all Indian curries. It is excellent for daily consumption. If you haven’t experienced red rice, Rajamudi is a great beginner rice as it doesn’t have the density that you might feel initially with red rice. The texture and quality of Rajamudi Raw Rice are similar to that of white rice.
The original Rajamudi Rice was a big favourite with the Wodeyar kings of Mysore and continues to be popular even today. Bio Basics sources Rajamudi Raw Rice from a certified organic farmers’ group in Karnataka, who work closely with farmers. This rice is grown, processed, milled and stored without any chemicals.
- High in fiber
- Easy to digest
- Low Glycemic Index
- Rich in zinc which improves immunity
- Store in an airtight container. Keep container in a cool and dry place.
- Add a few cloves, bay leaves or chillies to keep the rice free from infestation.
- It is normal to find bugs in long-stored rice that is grown organically. Dry in the sun for an hour or in the shade for two hours to get rid of bugs.
- Pressure cooker: 1 cup rice : 2.5 cups water. Cook on high flame for up to three whistles.
- Open vessel: 1 cup rice : 3 cups water. Boil water before adding rice and cook on slow flame for 20 minutes. Drain excess water once rice is cooked.
Note: You can soak the rice for 30 minutes before cooking. This will soften the rice and shorten its cooking time.