Dried and powdered Charcoal.
Activated Charcoal Powder when used in a face mask, helps pull out unwanted oil and dirt from the pores, leaving the skin clean and smooth. The toxins from the skin stick to the activated charcoal, making it a good cleanser and detoxifier. The pores once cleansed of oil and dirt, appear smaller. It also helps treat acne and blemishes.
It can draw out oil, dirt, and toxins from hair and scalp as well.
Here are some easy ways you can incorporate activated charcoal into your natural beauty regime.
1. Mix with an equal quantity of fuller earth in green tea to make a face mask for oily skin.
2. Add 1 spoon of charcoal powder to your 100 ml shampoo/face wash bottle and mix thoroughly.
3. Make a paste with charcoal powder and coconut oil as an anti-aging face mask.
4. Make an anti-acne face mask by combining charcoal powder, rose water, and a few drops of tea tree oil.
5. For whitening dark under arms, mix honey and charcoal powder and apply