Health food for all ages
Rich in medicinal properties
Organic and 100% natural
Navara Red Rices are very famous for their curative properties. The grains are medium-sized, slightly flat, and red in colour since it is unpolished with 100% bran. Steamed Navara Rice has a nutty flavour and can be eaten with Indian curries. It is ideal for making kanji as it is very light on the stomach, yet filling. The rice can be powdered, cooked with milk, and given to infants as a healthy cereal.
This medicinal rice is used extensively in Ayurveda for external application and consumption. Ancient texts of Ayurveda and medicine such as Ashtanga Hridaya and Susruta Samhita, refer to Navara Red Rice as a ‘pious grain’ used on auspicious occasions. Keralites like to have Navara Kunji or gruel during Monsoons to boost immunity and to feel energised.
The rice is usually grown in Kerala and Karnataka. Bio Basics sources Navara Red Rice from both states but mostly from a certified farmer’s group in Karnataka. This rice is grown, processed, milled, and stored without any chemicals.
- Cures basic circulatory, respiratory and digestive illnesses
- Contains anti-cancer properties and is effective against breast cancer
- Improves immunity and combats tiredness
- Once the plastic package is opened, transfer the rice to an airtight container and store it in a cool and dry place.
- Refrigerate long-stored rice to retain its properties and keep it fresh.
Soak rice in water for 6 hours before cooking.
Pressure cooker: 1 cup rice : 3 cups water. Cook on high flame for up to three whistles.
Open vessel: 1 cup rice: 3.5 cups water. Cook on high flame until the water boils. Lower the flame and cook till the rice is soft and tender.