Great energy snack
Roasted or raw, groundnuts are an all-time favourite snack for all ages. The aroma of roasted or boiled groundnuts is simply irresistible. You can have groundnuts simply roasted or add them to a variety of dishes like chida, poha, sabudana kichadi, and salads.
Biobasics’ Groundnuts are organically grown and come from two farmers in Tamil Nadu and an organically-certified farmer group in Karnataka. The farmers in Tamil Nadu are from Sathyamangalam and a farm near Coimbatore. These farmers are also groundnut oil producers. One is third-party certified Organic and the other is getting certified as he has moved to a new facility.
Groundnut seeds have been shared by farmers and over the years, varieties got mixed up. Farmers call it ‘nati’ which means desi but nobody knows the origin or variety name.
- Rich in protein and healthy fats
- Excellent source of many vitamins and minerals
- Rich in antioxidants
- Aids weight maintenance
- Groundnuts are stored by farmers unshelled or as whole groundnuts.
- Once shelled, groundnuts can go rancid within a few weeks.
- Roast them lightly and store in a sealed container if you want to keep them outside.
- If you want to have them raw, it’s best to refrigerate them if not consumed within 3-4 weeks.
Roast the nuts or boil in salt water and eat it as a snack
Soaked and sprouted groundnuts or roasted nuts are a good garnish for salads
Try this amazing salad dip with groundnuts, chilli, pepper, tamarind, salt and a little bit of jaggery ground together and eat it with veggie sticks. This dip or sauce can also be used as a salad dressing.